Sunday, March 27, 2011

Daring Baker - March Challenge - Meringue Coffee Cake

The March 2011 Daring Baker’s Challenge was hosted by Ria of Ria’s Collection and Jamie of Life’s a Feast. Ria and Jamie challenged The Daring Bakers to bake a yeasted Meringue Coffee Cake.


This was definitely a fun challenge and I was a little worried how it was going to turn out because I've never made meringue and well.. I always worry about how things are going to turn out.  They were actually quite tasty, I felt that some pieces were a bit dry because I didn't lay out the inside ingredients well enough but all my friends who tried it, LOVED it!


Definitely a success, despite it taking four hours to complete, half the time was just waiting for it to "rise" which it never really did and I wonder if that also lead to the dryness.  That or I'm used to gooey, calorie ridden coffee cakes from outside places. :)


Pictures to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment